Geometric growth is a very powerful strategy for any type of business and once you understand it, you’ll be able to dramatically increase your profits. Unlike linear growth, where you just focus on bringing in new customers, geometric growth is about leveraging existing customers by focusing on follow-up, repeat sales and increased price points.
Now let’s apply this concept to your business using video marketing. Here are four metrics, that when used together can skyrocket your results:
- the number of views
- the number of videos
- the conversion of traffic from YouTube to your website
- the conversion from web traffic to email subscribers
The following tips will show you how to gradually increase each of these numbers, in order to achieve massive results in the long-run.
The Power Of Exponential Growth
Let’s say that on average you get 100 new views per video every month and you upload 10 videos per month. This means that your total number of views per month is 1,000.
Now, if you get 20% of the YouTube viewers to come to your website, then your traffic from YouTube will be around 200 visits each month.
Next, if you can get 30% of those 200 visitors to subscribe to your newsletter, you will have accumulated 60 new subscribers during that month. If you can increase each of these numbers by a mere 20%, you’ll manage to get an amazing number of new subscribers for that month.
So here are some shortcuts to help you achieve this amount of growth for your business:
- Increase The Number Of Views.
Here are some ways to make both the search engines and Youtube users happy:
- Optimize your video title.
- Optimize your video description.
- Optimize your tags.
- Add comments to other people’s channels and videos to get backlinks back to your channel.
- Find a Joint Venture partner and combine efforts.
- Increase The Number Of Videos.
The more videos you have, the more views you will have, and the sooner you can build your reputation. Ideally, you should submit new videos 2-3 times per week and by simply putting fresh content out there, you will literally crush your competition. The more content you share, the higher your rankings will be both in YouTube and Google.
- Increase Your Conversion From Views To Website Traffic.
Now it’s time to convert your views into steady website visitors. This is the best way to actually get to own the traffic you get from YouTube and turn it into a solid pool of leads.
You can do this in a number of ways:
- Make it easy for people to come to your site by simply placing your URL in the description area.
- Create a “bribe” for people to visit your site (you can either offer a free report, or promise people to answer their questions on your blog, etc).
- Place your logo / URL inside your videos (like a stamp), so when people embed your video on their site, your logo / URL will still be there.
Here is a cool example:
- Increase The Conversion From Visitors To Subscribers.
Your ultimate goal is to turn those YouTube views into loyal email subscribers. Here are a few suggestions:
- Use a simple opt-in form and put it at the top of your site, on each of your pages.
- Test how people are using your site with a service like CrazyEgg and make your decision based on that.
- Use a pop-up form (SumoMe has a great free offer) to make it really for people to join your list.
- Use persuasive copywriting in your titles, in your calls to action, buttons, etc.
By making small changes in all these areas, you will be amazed by how fast your business will grow over time. The key here is consistency and tracking. But remember, at the end of the day it’s all about providing value for your audience, because the biggest asset for any business is its customers.