Sales scripts can be extremely useful when cold calling. However, some people avoid them like the plague, thinking it makes them sound way too robotic and “salesy” [we have heard that term being used way too often when referring to sales scripts!].
Using a sales scripts and going off-script have different upsides and downsides, however, if you want to measure your progress and results then a sales script is hands down the best option. If you go off-script and have a different conversation every time you cold call, your results will never be testable and measurable. Writing a sales script might be challenging but take a look at our tips below and we guarantee you will find it easier to have an organic conversation next time you are cold calling.
- IEAA Method – The IEAA method can be considered a framework that allows you to turn your sales script into more of a sales process by providing guidelines for conversations instead of robotic sentences. It consists of 4 key areas that we’ll discuss below!
- Introduction – This is the start of the conversation so essential you can establish yourself as the leader of the conversation straight off the bat. Start by giving a run-down of the areas you will cover throughout the phone call. Ask them why they registered and how you can best help them.
- Exploration – There is always an underlying reason that causes someone to sign up/opt in/register so make sure you really try here to get that reason out of them. In this part of the conversation your only goal should be to find out what is their true/main reason for them being on the phone with you today. We suggest using the “why three times” technique to get them to spill their guts and tell you their true reason. The “why three time techniques” consists of simply asking WHY three times. For example, if they tell you that the reason they signed up for your free e-book is to learn how to make an extra $10,000 per month then ask them WHY that’s their goal, and so forth two more times.
Try asking them something along the lines of:
- What’s worked for you and what hasn’t?
- What are you doing now?
- Why do you want to do this now?
- Agitation – Now that you know the main reason that drives them, you can leverage the situation to your advantage. You can do this by asking them questions such as “What’s going to happen if you don’t make that $10,000 at the end of the month?” Really make them think of worst-case scenarios. Once they realise the consequences or downsides of not meeting their objectives, the value you are offering is likely to seem more attractive than ever.
- Ascension – A lot of people lose the sale by simply not asking for it. If they start giving you cliché objections such as, “I need to ask my partner first” or “Send me an email with all the details” make sure to remind them of their true reason as why they are having this conversation with you right now. The important thing to keep in mind during this part is that you shouldn’t beat around the bush, get straight to the point and make sure you are not wasting each other’s time.
Make sure to incorporate these 4 key elements into your Sales Script and you’ll be having 100% certified organic conversations in no time. Lastly, remember to think of your sales script as a sales process rather than a robotic script!
PS: want to watch a video on what the use of a sales script can do for you and your business?! Watch here >>> https://youtu.be/_s3JtoySBkM <<< “How our CEO Generated 6 FIGURES in Sales in 9 Days 🏆💸” (using a consistent sales process!!)